Wednesday, March 26, 2008

On Line Learning

I've moved into the world of On-Line learning. At CMU I'm teaching World Religions On Line. While I shall miss the meeting of hearts and minds in the classroom, I hold great hope for the what this medium might offer in guiding people to develop their reflective qualities and learn to practice the art of writing. The rest .... I shall suspend my judgement till when we reach the end and see what quality of writing emerges and what dialogues ensue. I do know that if I were designing this format I would include videos such as You Tubes. I started showing You Tubes of religious people and phenomena in the class. Thich Nhat Hanh particularly struck a chord. They're working really well in the classroom as a way of bringing traditions to life.

No comments: